The pizzeria franchise market reached a whopping $46.3 billion in 2020 and is steadily growing.
With the market booming, now is the time to get your slice of the pie. Keep reading to learn all about the ins and outs of franchising with Slice House by Tony Gemignani, the costs and benefits, and what you get out of the deal as a franchisee.
Why a Pizzeria Franchise?
You have many options when considering a pizzeria franchise. Do your homework and compare each potential franchise before deciding.
Pizza is one of America’s favorite foods. Pizzeria franchises, especially those serving specialty artisanal pizzas, do very well in any market. Consumers eat pizza every day of the week all over the country, and the ingredients are relatively inexpensive, making pizza a very profitable offering.
Pizza is the go-to food for parties, birthdays, sporting events, and weekend dining. It’s quick and easy and provides a delicious hot meal in minutes.
Americans have become very discerning in their tastes and want more sophisticated options than previously. Consumers prefer authentic, regional pizza styles and flavors. Artisan Pizza delivers on that promise and ensures the potential for future growth.
With Slice House by Tony Gemignani, franchisees can choose between a dine-in/dine-out restaurant or a stadium kiosk model and enjoy multiple revenue streams while offering customers some amazing-tasting pizzas they crave.
How Much Does It Cost to Open a Pizzeria Franchise?
One of the most popular questions potential franchisees ask is, “How much does it cost to open a pizzeria franchise?”
Using Slice House as an example, here are some of the costs to expect when opening a pizzeria.
Initial Franchise Fee
All franchises charge an initial franchise fee per location. The fee is usually a set, one-time figure you pay when purchasing a specific territory. Slice House charges an affordable franchise fee of $30,000 per location.
Your initial investment will vary widely depending on a few factors like location, marketplace, real estate costs, availability, size, buildout model, etc. Slice House estimates your initial investment to be between $406,300 and $1,147,600.
You can also expect to pay ongoing monthly royalties, which is typically a percentage of your sales. Refer to Slice House’s FDD, item 7, for more information on royalties.
Minimum Liquid Capital
Before opening a pizzeria franchise, you must have adequate financial resources to support the business. Slice House requires a minimum liquid capital of $250,000 per location.
Along with your initial investment and minimum liquid capital, you will need to consider other routine expenses.
- Location: Depending on your chosen location, you can expect to pay between $100 and $800 per square foot of space. You can negotiate a lease agreement that works for you. You may choose to buy land and build new construction, which will come with its own set of costs. Most Slice House restaurants are between 1,500 and 2,200 sq. ft., and Kiosks average 500 sq. ft.
- Marketing: A pizzeria franchise will have ongoing marketing expenses to get the word out about your new restaurant, especially near your grand opening. Although you can do a lot with social media and online marketing, you will still have to pay someone to execute your marketing plan. Experts estimate marketing costs to fall between 2-3% of sales.
- Administration: You must obtain specific licenses or permits to open and operate a restaurant. Plus, you can expect to pay insurance and legal fees.
- Staff: Labor costs are an expected expense. Budget for cooks, dishwashers, servers, and a manager.
- Inventory: Ingredients and supplies to run your pizza shop are also necessary. Often, you can negotiate deals with vendors and buy in bulk for better pricing.
Is Slice House a Pizzeria Franchise?
Slice House is an award-winning restaurant and franchise opportunity. Franchising with Slice House comes with many exciting benefits. First, you get to offer your customers some of the best pizza on the planet!
Another big benefit is that Tony Gemignani, an award-winning pizzaiolo, shares his proprietary recipes with all franchisees.
Some of the other benefits of franchising with Slice House are:
- Offering authentic regional flavors in artisanal pizzas.
- A well-known, respected brand.
- Extensive support and training.
- Fair, affordable initial investment.
- A proven business model with a track record of success.
- High-quality ingredients and proven methods.
- A mouth-watering menu of proprietary recipes.
- Multiple revenue streams.
- Flexible model offering dine-in, takeout, and sports kiosk options.
- A brand committed to quality and customer care.
- Benefit from the extensive experience and leadership of a worldwide celebrity chef.
Slice House is always looking for investment-minded entrepreneurs who want to offer high-quality products in a quick-service atmosphere. We have territories available for new locations.Contact Slice House today to learn more about this exciting opportunity.