Starting your own business from scratch takes a lot of work, and success’s more difficult. According to Fundera, 20% of small businesses fail in the first year. Additionally, 30% of small businesses fail during the second year, and 50% fail after five years, with 70% failing at year seven.
The good news is that franchises perform much better than businesses from scratch. The trick is finding an excellent company to franchise with and following the steps to establish your own business successfully.
How Do You Start a Franchise: A Step-by-Step Guide
Unlike a regular business, a franchise takes many headaches out of the process. Because the parent company has done all the hard work, you benefit from a proven brand, solid business model, and training and support to fast-track your success. But how do you start a franchise business?
Let’s look at Slice House for an example of how to start a franchise.
What is Slice House?
Pizza in the U.S. is a $46.3 billion industry. Slice House is a franchise business founded by world-renowned Pizzaiolo Tony Gemignani. His restaurants serve authentic artisanal pizza with unique pallet-pleasing pairings.
Pizzaiolo Tony Gemignani, the founder of Slice House, has some impressive stats to his name:
- 13-Time World Pizza Champion.
- Four-Time Guinness Book of World Record Holder.
- Winner of “The Food Network Challenge.”
- Founder of the “World Pizza Champions.”
- Master Instructor of the “International School of Pizza.”
The franchise offers original recipes not found anywhere else, a groundbreaking business model, and a well-known and loved brand. Franchise owners can enjoy multiple revenue streams, including dine-in, takeout, and stadium kiosks.
How Do You Start a Franchise with Slice House?
Slice House makes it easy for new owners to get started. The steps to franchise with Slice House include the following:
- Introductory Call (30 minutes) – Give us a call to introduce yourself, and we will answer any questions you have and discuss qualifications.
- Complete Candidate Profile (10 minutes) – Complete our candidate profile, and after that, we will release our Franchise Disclosure Document, introduce you to lending contacts, and start the preliminary real estate trade analysis.
- Schedule FDD Review (1 hour) – Speak with the president of franchising to ask questions about the franchise disclosure document, territories, and other concerns.
- Discovery Day – Visit the home office and multiple locations. Meet Tony and other senior management executives.
- Sign Franchise Agreements – Upon mutual agreement, we’ll send you the franchise agreement, and everyone will sign on the dotted line and make it real.
- Slice House Ownership! – You are now a Slice House owner and can start site selection, training, and onboarding your team.
What are the Benefits of Starting a Franchise?
Although every franchise is different, you become a family member when you franchise with Slice House. As part of the family, you get to benefit from our success. Some of the benefits of franchising with Slice House include:
- Franchise with a well-known, respected, wildly popular brand.
- Extensive support and training that covers everything.
- A fair investment with great growth potential.
- A proven business model with a track record of success.
- Multiple revenue streams (dine-in, online ordering, carry-out, third-party delivery, catering, and stadium kiosks.
- Protected territory of your own.
- Preferred vendor relationships.
- Access to a segment of the restaurant industry with demonstrated growth.
- Marketing and branding consultation.
- Join a diverse company that values inclusion.
- Business stability even in turbulent economic conditions.
How Much Money Do You Need to Start a Franchise?
Along with “How do you start a franchise,” Another question often arises: “How much money do you need to start a franchise?” The answer is that it hinges on a lot of factors. Depending on the type of franchise you purchase, the location/area, and other things, you will need a specific amount of liquid capital and possibly additional funds to get up and running.
When franchising with Slice House, you can expect to invest between $406,300 to $1,147,600. You will also need a minimum of $250,000 in liquid capital. You must pay a franchise fee, ongoing royalties, and other expenses upfront. You should contact Slice House directly to discuss your specific situation and get a firmer figure for investment.
Get Started with Slice House
After reading this, you should now be able to answer the question, “How do you start a franchise.” However, not all franchises are created equal. Successful people have spent time developing an unbeatable brand, a craveable product, and a winning business model.
Slice House has done all these things to ensure that each owner has the proper foundation to enjoy future growth and optimal potential for success.
Contact Slice House today to learn more about this exciting opportunity and start the process of becoming the newest Slice House owner.